Groundnut is popular crop in Andhra Pradesh. It appears to influence its food. Verusenaga Sambar is curry preparation using boiled local groundnuts / peanuts.
- 2 cups Fresh peanuts, boiled
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 4 sprig cilantro / coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tamarind Paste
- 1 tablespoon Sambar Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Heat oil. Fry onions till soft.
- Blend 1/2 cup boiled peanuts, cumin seeds, tamarind paste, fried onion, sambar powder and coriander leaves to smooth paste.
- In a pan, add remaining boiled peanuts, chopped tomatoes, masala paste and a cup of water. Cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Temper it with hot oil, fried curry leaves and crackled red chillies and mustard seeds (tadka).
- Serve hot verunsenaga Sambar along with steamed rice.