In Kerala, Kichadi is a combination of curd with multiple vegetables. Vendakka Kichadi is fried okra in a coconut and curd gravy
- 200 grams Okra, chopped into small pieces
- 200 milliliters Curd
- 1/2 Coconut, grated
- 2 Green Chilly
- 2 tablespoons Mustard seeds
- 2 Dry red chilly
- 6 Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Heat oil in a pan and fry okra until brown and slightly crisp. Keep it aside.
- Grind coconut, green chillies and salt with little water to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies, curry leaves and fried okra. Add coconut paste, curd and mix well.
- Serve Vendakka kichadi with rice.