Spicy and tangy okra/lady’s finger curry.
- 3 Lady's , cut into 1-inch size
- Few Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Lemon sized Tamarind, soaked in water
- 2 tablespoons Chilly powder
- 2 tablespoons Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 4 Shallots
- 1 Coconut, grated
- 2 Green chilly
- 1 small Tomato, sliced
- Grind together coconut, small onion, garlic, fennel, turmeric, coriander and chilly powder with water to a fine paste.
- Take tomato, green chilly, lady's finger, salt and tamarind water in a pot.
- Add coconut paste and cook until lady's finger is done.
- Heat oil and fry onion and curry leaves. Saute well. Pour it over the curry
- Serve Vendakka curry hot with rice.