Yellow cucumber stir fried with spices and coconut
- 1 small Yellow/Malabar cucumber, chopped to fine pieces
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 Shallots
- 1 pinch Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 cup grated Coconut
- Few Curry leaves
- 3 Green Chilly, slit
- 2 whole Red chilly
- Grind coconut, cumin, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt & shallots to a coarse paste.
- Mix this paste with cucumber green chilly and curry leaves.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add red chilies and curry leaves.
- Add cucumber mixture, mix well and cook covered for 5-7 mins.
- Remove lid and cook until the dish becomes dry.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
- Serve Vellarikka thoran with rice.