Kannur Appam is also called panchara neyyappam, vella karayappam. They are sweet and tasty, deep fried rice balls.
- 1 cup Boiled rice, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- Sugar to taste
- 1 teaspoon Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Broken cashew nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamon powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Grind rice into a smooth paste.
- Mix all purpose flour, sugar, nuts, raisins and cardamon powder with the batter. Keep overnight.
- Heat oil in a Paniyaram pan and fill 3/4th of the holes with the batter. Fry both sides until light brown.
- Enjoy Kannur appam.