Spiced chickpeas salad
- 400 grams chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 10 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup onion, quartered and finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons dry red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Few sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- Heat oil, splutter mustard seeds. Stir in the chili flakes, curry leaves, and chili powder.
- Add onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Add chickpeas, mix well, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped onions, cilantro and squeeze of lime.
- Serve Vella Kadala Upperi hot with rice.