Spiced rice cooked along with sun dried lentil cakes
- 1 cup Rice, soaked for 30 min
- 3 Amritsari Vari/ Moongdal vari/ Sun dried lentil cakes
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 cinnamon / Dalchini, inch long
- 1 Black cardamon, (only skin)
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Tejpatta / bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil. Shallow fry lentil balls / varis till brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Add more oil. Heat. Fry cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, tejpatta and onions till onions are light brown.
- Add red chilli powder and fried varis. Add 2.5 cup water. Bring to boil and then simmer till varis are tender.
- Add rice and salt. Mix gently. Cook covered till rice is cooked.
- Serve Varyun waara Chaanwaran hot with curd and pickle.