Side dish with spiced potato and raw banana
- 2 Potatoes, cubed
- 2 Raw Banana (pacha kaya), cut in cubes
- Coconut oil
- 1 cup Small onion
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel powder /perumjeerakam
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons Chilli powder
- Curry leaves
- Roast potato and raw banana separately with salt till just soft. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard, sliced onion, garlic and curry leaves. Heat till onion is soft.
- Serve Urulakizhangu and Kaya Mezhukkuperatti hot along with rice.
- Add remaining spice powders and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to boil. Add potatoes and bananas. Mix well.