Dry vegetable dish from ivy gourd flavored by Maharashtrian Goda masala
- 2 cups Tondli / ivy gourd, cut into discs
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 pinch Hing or asafetida
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/2 Goda masala / Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon Coconut, grated
- Salt - as per taste
- 1 tablespoon kothimbir / coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Heat oil and crackle mustard seeds.
- Stir fry tondli along with spices - turmeric, chilli powder and goda masala. Add little water and cook covered till tondli is soft.
- Garnish with coconut and coriander leaves. Serve tondli chi bhaji with chapatti.