Kaju Tindora Nu Saak is a famous Gujarati dry vegetable, usually served for lunch. It is prepared by stir frying ivy gourd/tindora along with cashew nut.
- 2 cups ivy gourd/ tindora, cut in pieces
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Pressure cook ivy gourd / tindora till nicely cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat oil and crackle mustard seeds. Add asafetida, cumin seeds and sauté for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder, ivy gourd and salt. Close the pan and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, red chili powder, garam masala powder and roasted cashew nuts and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Kaju Tindora Nu Saak with roti.