Tikha Gathiya is a popular Gujarati teatime snack prepared by deep frying chickpea dough strands. This crispy and crunchy snack is very easy to make.
- 4 cups Gram flour
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 tablespoon Asafetida
- 1 tablespoon Carom seeds/Ajwain
- 2 tablespoons Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fryng
- Knead a smooth dough with gram flour, carom seeds, red chili powder, turmeric powder, asafetida, oil, salt and water in a bowl.
- Grease the dough with oil and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Fill a sev machine with the dough. Hold the machine over hot oil and force the dough through it, moving the machine in circular motion.
- Deep fry the strands until light brown.
- Serve Tikha Gathiya with hot tea.