A medicinal food prepared with coconut tree flowers, given to mothers post delivery.
- 1 medium sized coconut tree flower/ Thengin pookkula, outer covering removed
- 1 cup Rice powder
- 250 grams Jaggery
- 1 Coconut, grated
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- Grind coconut tree flowers with enough water to form a thick paste.
- Blend grated coconut with water and extract coconut milk.
- Melt jaggery in water and strain to remove impurities.
- Combine jaggery water, coconut milk and the flower paste and heat it.
- When the mixture thickens, add rice powder mixed with water.
- Continue heating till required consistency is achieved.
- Serve Thengin Pookkula verakiyathu as a post delivery care medicine.