Thenga Chammanthi is a quick and simple chutney prepared with roasted coconut, dried red chilli, shallots, ginger and tamarind. It goes well with rice, idli or dosa.
- 1 cup Coconut, grated/sliced
- 5 Shallots
- 6 Dry red chillies
- 1 tamarind pulp, lemon size
- 1 piece Ginger
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast coconut and dry red chillies until golden brown.
- Grind it with shallots, ginger, curry leaves, tamarind, salt and little water.
- Serve Thenga chammanthi with warm rice or idli.