Sweet snack made from whole wheat flour and jaggery.
- 150 grams ataa / Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons Sooji
- 1 tablespoon Coconut, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Almonds, chopped
- 100 grams jaggery, grated
- 1/3 teaspoon Cardamom Seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Heat jaggery to make syrup.
- Add flour, sooji, coconut, almonds, butter and cardamom seed powder.
- Knead into dough using milk. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Taking small piece of dough, roll into circle. Cut desired shapes using cookie cutter. Pinch with fork to avoid fluffing.
- Deep fry in hot oil till crispy. Serve Thekua with tea.