Spiced curd rice with carrot and grapes
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups Yogurt
- 2 Carrot, grated
- Salt to taste
- coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 Green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
- Curry leaves – few
- Cook rice with milk and water till mushy. Add yogurt curd and salt to rice.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies, ginger, asafoetida and curry leaves. Add grated carrot and saute till soft.
- Add yogurt rice and heat. Mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Thayir Saadham with pickle.