Lotus stem is an amazing source of nutrients that improves health and helps fight diseases. Thamaravalayam pachadi is a delicious combination of lotus stem, coconut and yogurt. It is a great side dish for rice.
- 100 gm lotus stems/ thamaravilayam kondattam
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 green chilies
- 5 shallots
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ginger shredded
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 red dried chilies
- Curry leaves
- 6 teaspoons coconut oil
- Deep fry lotus stems and keep aside.
- Grind coconut, cumin seeds, green chilli to a fine paste.
- Sauté ginger and shallots in a pan until light brown.
- Add the ground paste and boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour beaten curd in a bowl and add the boiled mix and fried lotus stems. MIx well.
- Add a tempering of mustard seeds, curry leaves and red dried chilli to the bowl.
- Serve Thamaravalayam Pachadi with rice.