Thadal is a cooling and energizing drink, used by the wrestlers in Punjab region. The drink keep the wrestlers liver cool during fights and exercises. The drink is prepared using ground char magaz, dry fruits, pepper and almonds.
- 1 1/2 liters Water
- 10 Kali Mirch/ black pepper grounded
- 1/2 teaspoon Khashkhas / poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Ilaychi Powder / cardamom powder
- 1/2 tablespoon saunf / fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Kharbooza beej / Cantaloupes seeds
- 1 teaspoon Tarbooz beej / watermelon seeds
- 20 Almonds
- 250 milliliters Milk
- 300 gms Sugar
- 20 dried/fresh Rose Petals
- Soak the sugar in about half liter water.
- Clean all the ingredients & soak them in 2 cup water. Allow it to soak for 3 hrs.
- Grind the soaked ingredients to smooth paste.
- Mix paste with 3 cups water, sugar, milk and rose water. Mix well.
- Serve thandal chilled.