Tetor Dal is a healthy and nutritious Bengali dal recipe prepared with moong dal and bitter gourd. Enjoy this delicious dal with plain white rice and papad on the side
- 1 cup moong dal
- 1 medium bitter gourd, cut into thin round slices and seasoned with salt
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon wild celery seeds / Radhuni
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Dry roast moong dal and then boil it.
- Heat oil and fry bitter gourd slices.
- Add turmeric, a paste of the wild celery seeds and ginger and sauté.
- Add cooked dal, water, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Serve Tetor Dal warm with plain rice.