This black lentil preparation is a speciality in Kangra region.
- 1 cup Black gram / urad, washed and soaked for 3 hours
- 1/4 cup Rajmah /kidney bean, washed and soaked for 3 hours
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/3 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3 Green chilies chopped
- 1 cup yogurt / dahi
- 2 teaspoons ghee / clarified butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Coriander leaves, fresh chopped
- Pressure cook soaked lentil and beans with little water, salt and 1/3 tbsp mustard oil. Allow to cool and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter green chillies. Saute ginger garlic paste for a minute.
- Add cooked lentils and beans. Add dry spices and mix well.
- Add dahi and stir well. Adjust consistency and taste with water and salt.
- Simmer for a few minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot teliye maah with ghee topping and rice / roti.