Spiced curry made from watermelon rind
- 4 cups watermelon rind, tough green skin removed and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1/2 green chilli, seeds removed, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Amchur (Dried Mango) Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ghee roast cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Add watermelon rind and stir fry for a minute. Add pepper, coriander powder, amchur, red chili poweder, turmeric, and salt. Cook covered for 10 minutes. Stir in between.
- Once rind is tender and dry, add garam masala. Mix well.
- Serve Tarbooz ke chilke ki sabji hot with roti.