Watermelon is a seasonal fruit. We often consume only the sweet red portion and discard the rind. This recipe is fudge made from tender white rind.
- 500 grams watermelon rind
- 200 grams khawa / khoya / milk proteins
- 200 grams sugar
- 6 cardamom, small seeds coarsely grounded
- 20 cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons ghee / clarified butter
- Remove the dark green thick skin. Grate the tender rind.
- Heat 1 tbsp. ghee and roast grated watermelon rind for 15 minutes till soft.
- Add sugar and khawa. Mix well. Continue heating till sugar is absorbed.
- In another pan, heat 1 tbsp. oil and roast nuts till little brown. Keep aside.
- Continue heating till all juice is absorbed. Garnish with cardamom powder and cashew nuts.
- Serve tarbooj ke chilke ka hawa hot as dessert.