Moringa flowers are edible. This is popular sindhi recipe using moringa / drumstick flowers.
Note: Drumstick flowers needs to be cleaned before using. Remove any stem part from buds/ bloomed flowers. Boil them in water for 5 minutes. Cool and squeeze off water. Repeat boiling process for 3-4 times.
- 250 grams drumstick flowers
- 1 tablespoon beaten curd
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1/4 cup tomato purée
- 1 green chilly, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic , paste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch garam masala
- Heat oil. Fry onions till transparent.
- Add and roast green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
- Add the prepared flowers. Saute them till dry.
- Add spices and tomato purée. Cook covered till recipe is bit dry.
- Add curd. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Mash well with a potato masher. Add pinch of garam masala. Mix and serve hot along with roti and dal.