Undhiyu is a speciality of Suraj city of Gujarat. It is a delicious mix of vegetables and spices
- 250 gm Papdi beans
- 1 Unripe banana, unpeeled cut into medium size cubes
- 100 grams Small Brinjal
- 200 grams Sweet potato, cut into medium size cubes
- 250 grams purple yam, cut into medium size cubes
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon asafetida ( hing)
For Undhiyu Masala
- 1 cup Green coriander, finely chopped
- 50 grams Green garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Green chili-ginger paste
- 3 teaspoons Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Groundnut
- 3 tablespoons Grated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafetida ( hing)
- 2 tablespoons Dry coriander powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup Fenugreek / Methi leaves
- 1/4 cup Wheat flour, coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup Wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Gram flour ( besan)
- 1 teaspoon Chili-ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients of Methi Muthiya. Make small balls and deep fry to golden brown. Keep aside.
- Mix all ingredients for undhiyu masala and divide in two parts.
- Stuff slit banana and brinjal with tbsp of undhiyu masala. Mix yam and sweet potato with remaining masala.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add asafoetida, Papdi beans, chili-ginger, garlic paste and salt. Mix well.
- Add a cup of water and boil. Take half portion of the undhiyu masala and spread one layer of kept aside masala on papdi.
- On masala layer, make another layer of all vegetables mixed with masala.
- On the top of all this, arrange Methi Muthiya.
- Add 1 cup water and pressure cook for three whistles.
- Serve Undhiyu hot.