Chutney packed with sweet, hot and tangy flavors of dates, ginger and tamarind
- 50 grams tamarind, seedless and soaked in water.
- 50 grams dates chopped finely
- 25 grams jaggery or to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder (sonth)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Heat tamarind in water. Bring to boil. Extract pulp.
- Add chopped dates and other ingredients. Bring to boil till jelly like consistency.
- Refrigerate and store Soonth imli ki chutney.