Sojne Alu Posto is a tasty traditional Bengali vegetarian dish made with drumsticks, potatoes, poppy seeds and a few spices. It is an easy to make dish enjoyed with rice and dal.
- 2 -3 drumsticks, cut into finger size pieces
- 1 green chili, slit
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch asafetida
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion seeds
- 2 -3 green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds, soaked in warm water for an hour
- 1 big potato, cut into medium size cubes
- 3 tablespoons mustard oil
- Make a paste of poppy seeds, cumin seeds ,mustard seeds and green chili and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion seeds and asafetida.
- Add potato cubes, drumstick, turmeric powder and salt and sauté.
- Cover and cook for sometime.
- Add poppy paste, slit green chili and mix well.
- Serve Sojne Alu Posto with warm rice and dal.