Simbhal ki sabji is a delicious Himachali dish prepared with the flower buds of silk cotton tree.
- 500 grams Simble / silk cotton flower buds, cut into half and centre portion removed
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Hing
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon Corainder powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 Boiled potato
- 1 green chilly, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Boil simble with salt until soft.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When they splutter, add hing, onion, green chilli tomato and salt. Sauté for a while.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add simble, potato and cook with the pan covered.
- Add chaat masala and garam masala. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Simble ki sabji with rice or roti.