Sev Tameta Saak is a sweet and tangy Gujarati dish prepared with tomato, onion, fried gram flour strips and spices.
- 2 cups Tomatoes, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 Onion, medium size and chopped finely
- 12 Garlic, chopped finely
- 1 pinch Hing /asafetida
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 3 Green chilies, chopped roughly
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1/2 cup Thick gathiya / sev
- Lemon juice, as per taste
- Jaggery, as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, handful, chopped
- 1/4 cup Thin gram flour sev
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds. Add hing, curry leaves, garlic, onion and green chilies and salt. Sauté well.
- Add tomatoes, cook covered till tomatoes are soft.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander and cumin powder and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add water, adjust taste with jaggery and lemon juice. Simmer for 4-5 mins.
- Garnish with sev and coriander leaves.
- Serve Sev Tameta Saak with roti.