Sweet Vermicelli preparation from South India
- 3/4 cup Semiya / Vermicelli (Roasted or plain)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 tablespoons Ghee / clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon Broken cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 3 Strands Saffron (Optional)
- Soak saffron in 2 tbsp. warm milk and keep aside.
- Roast cashews in little ghee till brown and keep aside.
- Add more ghee to same pan and roast vermicelli till golden brown.
- Then add the water and milk and allow the vermicelli to get cooked, stirring it frequently.
- After it is well cooked, add sugar, cardamom powder and the saffron mixed milk and stir it well.
- As the preparation gets thick, add the remaining ghee and stir.
- Garnish with roasted cashews