Traditional Nepali dish, popular in Sikkim, Sel roti is a sweet crispy rice bread resembling thin doughnut.
- 3 cups Rice
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter / ghee
- 1/4 cup rice flour, as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak rice in water overnight. Blend along with little water and banana to thick puree.
- Add butter and sugar to batter. Beat well to thin pancake type consistency.
- Deep fry circular / donut shaped batter till golden brown on all sides.
- Serve Sel roti with yogurt, curry and pickle.