Kadhi is common dish in North and West India. This recipe comes from Gujarat with drumsticks cooked in kadhi.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Few fresh curry leaves
- 3 tablespoons gram flour/ besan
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies, slit length-wise
- Red chilli powder, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups curd, thick, preferably sour
- 2 medium-sized drumsticks, washed and cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds / methi
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped for garnish
- Boil drumsticks in salted water till tender. Remove and keep aside.
- Beat curd with 1/2 cup water and slowly adding besan. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Heat oil. Fry slit green chillies and curry leaves. Add curd mixture. Bring to boil.
- Add drumsticks. Simmer kadhi for 2 minutes. Garnish with seasoning / tadka of hot oil along with fried mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry red chillies and hing.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve Saragva ni kadhi hot along with rice.