Steamed pancakes made from goan rice and coconut
- 2 cups Raw Goa Rice, wash and soked overnight
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Yeast
- 1/2 Grated Coconut
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Activate yeast by mixing with a tsp of sugar in 1/2 cup of warm water. Keep it covered for 10 to 15 minutes till the mixture ferments.
- Strain and grind the soaked rice with grated coconut.
- Add the remaining sugar to the coconut and rice. Blend together with limited water.
- Add yeast and salt to the mixture and mix well. Ferment for 2 hrs.
- Steam the batter in idle maker for 15-20 minutes till done. Serve Sannas.