Sambaram/Moru Vellam or Pacha moru is a cool and refreshing drink that can quench one’s thirst, especially during a hot summer day. It is a delicious drink that is sometimes served after a meal, as it aids digestion. People tend to take it in glass and drink it at the end of the meal.
- 1 cup yogurt /curd
- 2 shallots, crushed
- 3 green chillies, crushed
- 1 piece ginger, inch long, crushed
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Crush shallots, ginger and green chillies using a mortar & pestle. Keep aside.
- Add 2 cup water to yogurt and blend it in a blender to form buttermilk.
- Combine buttermilk, crushed ingredients, curry leaves and salt in a bowl.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy delicious sambharam.