Sweet potato curry made in south Indian style
- 1 cup Sweet potato, chopped
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 8 Shallots / pearl onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 pinch Hing
- Curry leaves- few
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Sambar powder
- Tamarind - Lemon sized ball, soaked in warm water, juice extracted
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seed, fenugreek seeds, shallots, curry leaves and hing. Saute till shallots are soft.
- Stir fry sweet potatoes. Mix sambar powder, turmeric powder. Adjust taste with salt and tamarind water.
- Stir. Add water if required and cook covered till gravy reduces to half and oil separates.
- Serve Sakkarai Valli Kizhangu Kuzhambu hot along with rice.