Drumstick cooked in fresh mustard and poppy seed paste
- 2 Drumsticks, cut into long pieces
- 2 Potato, cubed
- 1 Onion, medium size, chopped
- 1 Tomato, medium size, chopped
- 50 grams Poppy seed
- 50 grams Mustard seeds
- 1 Green chilli or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Oil for cooking
- Salt as per taste
- Blend mustard seed, poppy seeds and green chillies to fine paste. Use little water.
- Heat oil. Fry onions till tender. Add potato and drum sticks. Cook covered on low flame.
- Add remaining spices, tomatoes and mustard pepper paste. Stir fry till tomatoes are cooked.
- Add 1.5 cup of water. Simmer till gravy consistency is achieved.
- Serve Sahjan ki sabzi with roti.