Sader Kaenz is a fermented drink of Kashmir, prepared with rice water, boiled rice and other ingredients. It is a refreshing summer drink that quenches your thirst and keeps you cool.
- 1 Big bowl of Rice water
- 1 cup Boiled rice
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds
- 2 Whole red chillies
- Mint leaves, handful and chopped
- Carom leaves, handful and chopped
- 10 seeds of any 7 cereals
- Salt to taste
- 1 clay pot
- Washed malmal cloth
- Wash rice three times and strain. Keep the water of third rinse in a bowl.
- Soak rice for 10 minutes and boil until it becomes soft.
- Add a cup of boiled rice water and all the other ingredients to the pot.
- Cover the pot with malmal cloth and filter the rice water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 4 days or till taste is sour.
- Refrigerate and enjoy Sader Kaenz to quench your thirst.