Saanja is a spicy breakfast/snack made with semolina. It is a quick and healthy dish that is very easy to prepare.
- 1 cup semolina
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Few curry leaves
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh coconut
- Heat oil. Splutter mustards seeds, asafetida and curry leaves.
- Add chopped green chilies, turmeric powder and onion, and sauté.
- Add semolina and roast on medium-low heat. Add peas, salt and mix well.
- Add about 2 cups hot water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, mix well and garnish with coriander leaves and fresh coconut.
- Serve Tikhat - Meethacha Saanja hot.