Rushi chi bhaji is mixed vegetable curry made on second day of Ganesh Chaturthi or Rushi Panchami. The recipe uses vegetables grown without any ox labour and mix of vegetable types – fruit, root and leafy type. Generally made without oil and spices in earthern pot on wood fire stove.
- 1 cup Alooche paan/ Colocasia/ Taro leaves with tender stems, chopped
- 1/4 cup, ghosali / Sponge gourd, chopped
- 1/4 cup Shirali / ridge gourd, chopped
- 1/4 cup Snake gourd / Padwal, chopped
- 1/2 cup, pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Gavar / Cluster beans, chopped
- 1/4 cup Shraven Ghevda / Green beans, chopped
- 1/4 cup Lady\'s finger / Bhendi, Chopped
- 1/4 cup Yam / Suran, peeled and chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 cup Kurdus (wild local vegetable), chopped
- 1/2 cup Amaranth leaves/ Math leaves, chopped
- 3 -5 green chillies
- 1/2 cup coconut, freshly scraped
- 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp or more
- Sea salt, as per taste
- Cook all vegetables in a pan with little water on low heat.
- Stir occasionally. Cook till all vegetables are cooked.
- Adjust taste with tamarind and salt. Mix scraped coconut. Cook for couple of minutes.
- Serve rishichi bhaji hot along with bhakri.