Roats are mildly sweet flat bread traditionally made in large quantities at weddings or on religious ceremonies. They are traditionally made in a wooden mold from wheat flour and generously used ghee.
- 2 cups Whole meal wheat flour
- 1/2 cup milk, cold
- 3/4 cup Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 1/2 cups Jaggery
- 1 cup Water
- Knead dough by mixing flour, ghee, fennel seeds, cardamom powder, grated jiggery with cold milk and water.
- Roll into thick roti. Bake over tawa till brownish on both sides.
- Grease with ghee and serve hot crisp.