Ratalyachya purya is a deep fried, spicy flatbread made with sweet potatoes and wheat flour. It is a nutritious dish and a good source of fiber and carbohydrates.
- 1 sweet potato, boiled and mashed
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- Oil for deep frying
- Knead a firm dough by combining whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, mashed sweet potato, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, fennel powder, coriander powder, ghee and water.
- Cover and let it rest for an hour.
- Roll out small circles using the dough and deep fry in hot oil.
- Fry both sides of the sweet potato poori and serve hot.