Rice pudding made with jaggery for auspicious Chhat Puja
- 1 liter milk, full fat
- 3 tablespoons rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom seed powder
- 3/4 cup jaggery
- Fistful of almonds, cashew nuts, pistachio and raisins
- Ghee roast washed rice. Coarsely grind. Keep aside
- Ghee roast dry fruits - almonds, cashew nuts, pistachio and raisins. Coarsely chop.
- Heat milk and bring to boil.
- Add rice. Stir. Simmer and allow the rice to be cooked. Stir in between.
- Once rice is half cooked, add crushed jaggery and continue cooking.
- Cook until rasiya thickens. Add cardamom powder and dry fruits.
- Garnish with nuts and serve rasiya.