Rajma madra is a regional delicacy of Himachal Pradesh where kidney beans are cooked in yogurt with ghee and spices. This dish can be enjoyed with rice or chapati.
- 250 grams Rajma/ kidney beans, soaked overnight
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Roasted fenugreek seed powder
- 1 teaspoon Roasted fennel seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 Big cardamom
- 4 Green cardamom
- 5 Cloves
- 4 tablespoons Pure ghee
- 1 kilogram Fresh yogurt
- 1 Bay leaf
- Pressure cook Rajma until cooked.
- Heat 3 tablespoon of ghee. Fry all the whole spices with bay leaf and asafoetida.
- Add beaten curd on low flame. Stir continuously until it thickens.
- Add roasted fennel seeds powder, fenugreek powder and boiled rajma along with little water and mix well.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes. Add Garam masala and mix.
- Serve Rajma madra hot with chapati or rice.