Usually served during fasts, rajgira thepla is an easy to make dish that is perfect for people with gluten intolerance. A few spices are added to the recipe to improve the flavor and taste of the dish. Rajgira thepla has a good shelf life and is therefore an excellent travel food for long trips.
- 2 cups rajgira/amaranth flour
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for making theplas
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped finely
- Mix rajgira flour, coriander leaves, salt, oil, red chili powder, turmeric powder and ajwain seeds
- Little by little, add water and knead a soft dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into lemon sized portions and roll them in to flat rotis.
- Bake thepla on hot tawa on both sides. Grease with oil on either side of the roti while cooking.
- Delicious Rajgira theplas are ready to be served. Enjoy with pickle or curd.