Rajgira Sheera or rajgira halwa is made from roasted Rajgira /Amaranth flour, milk and sugar. Cardamom powder is added for flavor and the sheera is garnished with dry fruits. Since amaranth is a gluten-free grain, this is an ideal dish for those who are allergic to gluten.
- 1 cup rajgira/amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup ghee/clarified butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Dry fruits, grated
- Few raisins
- Boil milk .Keep aside.
- Roast rajgira flour in ghee for 5-7 minutes; stir continuously till flour is light brown.
- Add raisins and roast for another minute.
- Add hot milk and keep on stirring to avoid formation of lumps. Add sugar and mix thoroughly until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Add cardamom powder and switch off the stove.
- Garnish Rajgira sheera with dry fruits.