Rajgira paratha is a nutritious and wholesome food made from rajgira or amaranth flour and potatoes. Also referred to as Royal Grain, Amaranth is often consumed during fasts.
- 1 cup rajgira or amaranth flour
- Ghee/ clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, dry roasted and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger- green chilly paste
- 1/2 cup potatoes, mashed
- Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients (except ghee) along with water and knead amaranth f into soft dough.
- Cover dough and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into equal parts and roll them out into parathas
- Heat a tawa and cook the parathas on medium flame on both sides. Grease with ghee while cooking.
- Enjoy Rajgira parathas with yogurt or jeera aloo.