Nutritious and healthy porridge made from amaranth flour.
The traditional raab is usually prepared during the winter season to stay warm. People who just recovered from an illness are given this porridge to regain their strength and stamina as quickly as possible.
- 2 tablespoons rajgira/amaranth flour
- 1 tablespoon ragi flour
- 1/4 cup grated jaggery
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix all flours with 2 cups water, jaggery and salt to form lump free mixture.
- Heat and bring mixture to boil over medium heat. Simmer for 5-7 minutes more.
- Temper the raab with hot ghee and fried ajwain, black pepper powder and ginger powder.
- Add warm milk and mix well.
- Serve rajgira ki raab hot.