Mostly consumed during fasts, rajgira halwa is a sweet dish prepared using amaranth/rajgira flour, milk and white granulated sugar. It is then flavored with cardamom powder and garnished with chopped almonds or cashew nuts.
- 1/2 cup rajgira/amaranth flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons ghee/ clarified butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon almonds or cashew nuts, chopped
- Roast rajgira flour 4-5 minutes in ghee, until it turns light brown in color and gives out a nutty aroma.
- Add the warm milk and sugar to the flour and mix well.
- Continue cooking until mixture gets thick and leaves ghee.
- Add cardamom powder and garnish with and chopped almonds or cashews.
- Serve Rajgira halwa hot.