Delicious and easy to make, rajgira aloo tikki offers a tasty and nutritious twist to the traditional aloo tikki. The dish goes well with green chutney or yogurt.
- 150 grams rajgira/amaranth flour
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 6 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- Cooking oil as needed
- Mix all ingredients, except oil, to make dough like consistency.
- With handful of dough, make flat circular shape with hands.
- Heat oil. Shallow fry tikkis on medium heat till completely cooked and golden brown on both sides.
- Serve rajgira aloo tikki hot with green chutney or a yogurt chutney.