Masala gravy with fried chickpea flour balls
- 1 cup Besan / Chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons Yogurt
- 2 cups Onion, chopped
- 1 Ginger, inch long piece
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Mix besan, salt and 2 tbsp. oil. Knead with water into tight dough. Rest for 15 minutes. Make chana shaped rounds from dough.
- Deep fry balls in hot oil till light brown on all sides. Drain and place them in lukewarm water.
- Grind onion, ginger and garlic to paste.
- Heat oil. Fry paste till oil separates. Add tomatoes, yogurt, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups water and bring to boil. Place soaked ram chana and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve Rajasthani Ram Chane hot with rice or roti.