Fritters made from onions coated with bengal gram flour and spices. Pyaaz ke pakode are popular in Iftar parties.
- 1 1/4 cups Besan (Gram Flour )
- 1 onion (peel and cut into round thin slices)
- Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste and Garlic paste
- 1/4 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Soda Powder
- Salt to taste
- Mix Besan, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, soda powder with water to form smooth batter.
- Add the onions, ginger paste, garlic paste, coriander and mint. Mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and drop batter dumplings in hot oil. Fry till golden brown.
- Serve Pyaaz Ke Pakode with mint chutney or tomato sauce.