Konkani style rice pudding with jackfruit
- 1 cup jackfruit, fleshy part, sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk, thick
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 2 tablespoons rice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- cashewnuts, charoli, almonds as required
- Make rice flour paste by mixing it with water. Keep aside.
- Steam jackfruit along with nuts. Keep aside.
- Make jaggery syrup by melting in cup of water and boiling.
- Add rice paste, boiled jackfruits and nuts to the syrup. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, cardamom powder, turmeric powder and pinch of salt. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve Ponsa Gharai cold.